Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is, in essence, a story-driven RPG that encompasses choice-based gameplay at its core. As Eivor, we are tasked with many story-altering choices during the gameplay.
Most of these choices are not that important, but some have story-altering effects in AC Valhalla. The Asgard arc, in particular, takes you on a mythical adventure while giving you enough decisions to make as the Norse gods.
Sometimes the options may not be clear outright as to what may come after a particular decision; thus, I’ve compiled this comprehensive Asgard choices guide to help you make the right decision. Beware, there may be spoilers; consider yourself warned.
All Asgard Choices in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
1The Dwarf Blacksmith
While playing as Havi, you will have to ask the master blacksmith to forge an indestructible chain for you. The blacksmith instead offers you an indestructible rope, and as you know, dwarves give nothing away for free, so you must choose what to pay.
- My Gratitude: The first choice is to offer your thanks and hospitality to the dwarf. But this would not be enough; you’d also offer him the chance to return to the Land of Fire, the dwarves homeland, if he wishes.
- Your Freedom: A more elegant solution would be to set the blacksmith free from his job and consider his contract fulfilled.
Both options won’t have a significant impact, and I would go with the second one, just because we are indeed asking the blacksmith to create something almost impossible.
2Freyja and the Marriage Proposal
In short, the builder offers to make a shield for all of Asgard but the catch? He wants to make Queen Freyja his wife! Now you, Havi, are supposed to manage this situation somehow while trying to get the shields. Spoiler alert – we see Loki as Freyja!
All of the choices regarding Freyja and the marriage will not have any game-changing impact, and the outcome of you fighting Jotunheim will be the same.
In the Feast to Remember Arc, talk with Gunlodr as she overlooks Utgard, and she will present you with several riddles.
The Gunlord riddle choices don’t really matter, and if you want, you can entirely skip them by not talking to Gunlodr at all!
- “Would that I had now what I had yesterday. Find out what that was. Mankind it mars, speech it hinders, yet speech it will inspire.” The answer to the first riddle is Ale.
- “Who is that shrill one who rides a hard road and has fared that way before? He kisses hard who has two mouths and goes only on gold.” The answer to this is Hammer.
- “White-haired women, servants two, bore ale-tub to the larder. No hand turned it, nor hammer beat it. But there, outside the islands, the upright one who made it.” The answer is Swans and Eggs.
4Suttungr and The Speech
After following Gundlodr to the feasting hut, you will be asked by Suttungr to give a speech. The name of the game with Suttungr and the speech is to get the Jotuns to drink as much as possible. Pick what you think feels right as wrong options will only invite some tease and nothing else.
- I Am a Mighty Warrior: Announce yourself as a mighty warrior to get the Jotuns to cheer and drink.
- I am a weaver of great tales: Suttungr will tease that the Jotun prefer deeds to tale tales.
- I am a Jotnar slayer: You tell them you are a dreaded hunter of their kind, This would not be a popular choice, and Suttungr will say that you tread on dangerous ground.
Picking ‘I am a mighty warrior’ would be the best to warm up to the crowd.
- We are All Friends Here: Telling them that they all are your brothers and sisters would be replied with that the Jotun does not trust easily.
- I Respect You: Despite being enemies, you respect them will get them to cheer and drink – the most viable choice at this point.
- I Stand Humble: If you try to say that you are in awe of them, you will be booed for showing weakness.
- Let me Praise Suttungr: You toast to Suttungr, and the Jotun cheer back. Suttungr will let you know that they love feasting more.
- Let me Sing you a Song: The crowd is not in the mood to hear sings and boo you.
- Let us just get to drinking: Being straightforward here is the best thing to do. The Jotuns will cheer and drink more.
5Gunlodr and The Mead
Suttungr will ask you to go to his vault and retrieve some more mead, but as you make your way to the vault, you will be stopped by Gunlodr as she enquires about your presence in the vault. Time to use your gift!
- I Came To Bring you a Gift: For this one, you need to have gotten the circlet in the previous quest. She will be taken back, and you sleep with her and get the mead.
- I had To See You: She calls you a tease and summons the guards to fight you.
- Out Of the Way: Order her and be prepared to fight guards.
Completing the circlet quest would be in your favor unless you want to fight some giant guards!
About Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Developed and Published by Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the latest instalment in the Assasin’s Creed series launched in November 2020. The action-adventure, role-playing video game is available to play on Playstation 5/4, Xbox One/ Series X/S and PC.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes players back to the Vikings’ glory days around the 9th century through the eyes of a Viking invader from Norway named Eivor. By playing as Eivor, gamers must represent the clan and help fellow warriors in the battle against Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms. The game brims with phenomenal main quests along with noteworthy side quests. AC Valhalla will also embrace many new features like dual-wielding of various weapons and armours.