I’m sure every character you’ve come across in AC Valhalla has left somewhat of an impact on your mind. But no other character could leave a more profound effect than our beloved Soma. Soma, a jarlskona from England, was by Eivor’s side during the whole Grantebridgescire exploration and played a huge role in capturing that area.
But judging by the number of flirtatious remarks and time spent together, players had a creeping suspicion that she might be a romantic love interest for the deadly Viking warrior Eivor. If you’re also curious about the same or just want to know more about Eivor’s love lines in the game, let’s find out.
Can you romance with Soma in AC Valhalla?
Unfortunately, Soma is not a romanceable character in Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, not at least for Eivor. She’s just an ally for Eivor’s Grantebridgescire adventures. The extent of their in-game relationship is simply an exchange of some flirtatious comments.
While Soma and Eivor are strictly friends fighting for the exact cause, there are some characters in the game whom you can approach and shoot your shot at a loving romance.
All AC Valhalla Romance Options
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has several characters Eivor can romance. They are either a long-term commitment or a one-night romance option.
- Bil – Bil can be found in the mountains of Rygafylke, Norway, looking for her comb. All you have to do is find her comb, and she will fall for Eivor.
- Petra – Once you build the Hunter’s Shack in your settlement, Petra will give you a mission and later challenge you to an archery contest. Win the contest, and you’ll be able to win her heart.
- Broder – During Oswald’s wedding, Broder will ask if you want to lay with him. Agreeing to it will start a relationship.
- Gunlodr – You need to gift Thor’s bridal circlet to Gunlodr to trigger the romance arc.
- Stigr – After you win Hemthorpe’s Flyting duel, you’ll be able to date Stigr in the game.
- Tarben – Tarben’s romance arc requires a bakery to start. Then you’ll be able to take him on a fishing date and create a romantic relationship. But a fair warning, beginning a relationship with Tarben will make it permanent, and Eivor’s all other relationships will break off.
- Tewdwr – After attending Tewdwr’s ealdorman party, he will try to flirt with Eivor. You can either accept his advances or reject him for a platonic friendship.
- Vili – You can either receive Vili’s advances or decline during the Snotinghamscire arc.
- Randvi – With a settlement of level 3, Randvi will join Eivor during a visit to Lunden. Then she will confess her feelings so that you can reject or reciprocate. But remember, a relationship with Randvi will affect Eivor’s relationship with Sigurd as Randvi is your brother’s wife.
Best Character to Romance in AC Valhalla
According to many players, Petra is the best character to romance in AC Valhalla. Although some more potential love interests could catch your fancy, Petra is one of the only relationships you can start without any repercussions later in the game.
However, the game does have one canon relationship, and that is with Randvi. But, the only problem is that Eivor’s relationship with Randvi is quite controversial since she is Eivor’s brother Sigurd’s wife.
Randvi confesses her feelings to Eivor during their trip to Lunden, and we know although she is Sigurd’s wife, her marriage was entirely political. So we are bound to show a little sympathy for her heartfelt feelings.
Whether you want Eivor to be a deadly Viking without any romantic interests or a real charmer, it’s completely up to you!
About Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Developed and Published by Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the latest instalment in the Assasin’s Creed series launched in November 2020. The action-adventure, role-playing video game is available to play on Playstation 5/4, Xbox One/ Series X/S and PC.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes players back to the Vikings’ glory days around the 9th century through the eyes of a Viking invader from Norway named Eivor. By playing as Eivor, gamers must represent the clan and help fellow warriors in the battle against Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms. The game brims with phenomenal main quests along with noteworthy side quests. AC Valhalla will also embrace many new features like dual-wielding of various weapons and armours.