Far Cry 6, after the initial release hype, has been in the background for a lot of people. The game wasn’t exactly a stand-out title for 2021, despite the role of Giancarlo Esposito as the main antagonist. However, Ubisoft has still been hard at work on the game, rolling out updates that improve the experience for the players. The latest update brings with it many changes, as well as some fixes specifically for the PC and Xbox versions.
The update is now available for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4. The size of the update will depend on the platform and the language pack.
The new update ranges from 10 GB to 14 GB on Xbox platforms, and the PlayStation 5 update is at 22.75 GB. PlayStation 4 players will have to download between 15 GB to 21 GB of new data. On the PC, the update without the texture pack clocks in at 8 GB; with the pack, it goes up to 12.4 GB.
The update itself brings several quality-of-life changes across all the platforms, along with bug fixes. The patch notes also detail some spots specifically for the PC and Xbox. Here are the complete patch notes for Update 3.
High quality-of-Life updates
- Made a number of changes to scale back the situations the place HUD components could be blocked or hidden, e.g., when altering area.
- When beginning a Particular Operation, the participant becoming a member of the Co-Op session will now be told which Particular Operation is being began.
- Elevated Mission tracker icon and font measurement when utilizing the “Elevated” choice for UI and Fonts Scaling underneath the Imaginative and prescient choice menu.
- Added MSI Mystic Gentle RGB assist to the sport.
New Utility Packs – Coming December 16
- Fundamental Supplies Pack: 300 Far Cry Credit
- Superior Materials Pack: 1000 Far Cry Credit
- Specialist Supplies Pack: 2000 Far Cry Credit
Yaran Pesos Pack
- Small Yaran Pesos Pack: 300 Far Cry Credit
- Medium Yaran Pesos Pack: 500 Far Cry Credit
- Giant Yaran Pesos Pack: 1000 Far Cry Credit
- Mounted a problem that might trigger NPC fashions to turn out to be corrupted for participant becoming a member of a co-op session, after a prolonged co-op playtime.
- Mounted a problem that might trigger enemies to not be proven on the minimap throughout the “Cocodrilo” Particular Operation.
- Mounted a problem that might trigger the host to be caught in a black display screen after urgent “Save and Stop” within the closing scoreboard.
- Mounted a problem that triggered the “Self-Assist”, “Pricey Diary” and “Freudian Subject Day” achievements to not appropriately unlock after assembling the required circumstances.
- HD Texture Pack – Some property showing blurry
- Developer remark: We have now made some adjustments for the HD Texture Pack on PC that ought to lower the blurriness that appeared for some gamers when utilizing the HD Texture Pack. When wanting into these stories, we’re seeing gamers utilizing graphics playing cards with lower than 12 GB of VRAM out there. When utilizing the HD Texture Pack with lower than the minimal required VRAM out there, the efficiency and the look of the sport could be worse than without the pack.
- Mounted a problem that triggered the “Purpose Sort” and “Weapon Wheel Interplay” choices to reset to default when restarting the sport.
- Mounted a problem that might trigger the Vaas: Madness DLC to turn out to be unavailable when signing-out and signing-in to the identical Xbox Dwell profile.
- Mounted a problem that triggered gamers to consistently be prompted with a “Stop Recreation” message after restarting from Relaxation mode.
- Mounted a problem that might trigger weapons and weapon attachments to vanish.
Xbox Sequence X|S
- Mounted a problem that might trigger the Menu cursor to get caught on display screen when opening the navy escalation popup after loading a save.
Far Cry 6 will continue to get such updates from Ubisoft, but we hope the studio has some excellent DLC planned for the title. The previous Far Cry’s had post-launch content, with Far Cry Blood Dragon being a favorite amongst many fans. Will Ubisoft be able to catch lightning in a bottle twice? Only time will tell.
About Far Cry 6
Far Cry 6 is the latest insallment in the Far Cry series developed and published by Ubisoft. The game is an open-world, first-person action adventure title, and is set for a 2021 release.
Players will take control of Dani Rojas, a freedom fighting guerrilla, who is trying to overthrow the local dictator Anton Castillo. Far Cry 6 is based on the fictional island of Yara, and has been called the largest map of any Far Cry game yet. Players will have access to a variety of hand-made weapons and local vehicles in their fight against the forces of Castillo.