‘Unable to Establish Connection’ error has got to be one of the most frustrating issues that players are running into in New World. Even despite having a stable internet connection, the MMORPG won’t let players enter the server queue to get a taste of Aeternum.
As infuriating as it is, you can’t become the best adventurer a magical island has ever seen by letting this minor nuisance get to you. So, while the devs work on solving this error for once and all, there are a bunch of troubleshooting methods provided by Amazon that you can look into to fix this issue.
So now, let’s not beat about the bush and get to the solutions, shall we?
To fix New World ‘Unable to Establish Connection’ error, you can restart your PC, refresh your internet connection, switch your region, disable IPv6, add ‘newworld.exe’ to your Firewall, or logging in to Steam. Relogging to Steam is the most promising method to get rid of the connection error
1. Relogging to Steam
Logging out then logging back into Steam should get the job done to let you play New World. All you have to do is close the game, open Steam, and make sure that you’re logged in.
2. Restarting your PC and Modem
The oldest trick in the book and almost always guarantees results. Just shut down your PC and unplug your modem/router for a minute. Now, power the modem again, wait for the network to be restored, and access the game.
Note: It’s recommended to rely on a wired connection so if possible, try not to utilize a wireless one.
3. Changing Server
What I basically mean is that join the server of the same region you’re in. Say you’re in the US, so ensure you’re connected to US East or US West and not other places.
4. Refreshing Internet Connection
This method will actually make you work to solve the connection error. You will have to enter a handful of commands in Command Prompt. To do so:
1) Go to the Search Box and type cmd in and select Run as Administrator.
2) Upon doing so, enter the following commands one after another:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
3) Restart your PC when done.
5. Adding ‘newworld.exe’ to Your Firewall
This error can be fixed by adding or allowing ‘newworld.exe’ to your Firewall. In case you don’t have any third-party Firewall software at your disposal, then Windows Defender will do just fine.
1. Go to Start -> Windows button -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Security and then Firewall & network protection.
2. Choose Allow an app through Firewall.
3. Search for and click on ‘newworld.exe’ in the list of installed apps.
4. Select OK.
5. Once it is added, relaunch New World once again.
6. Disabling IPv6
- Head to Windows Settings
- Choose Network and Internet
- Select Wi-Fi and look for Change adapter option
- Right-click your connection and move to Properties
- Uncheck the box right beside Internet Protocol Version 6 to disable it.
It must be kept in mind that if you are still encountering this issue, chances are you use a Windows Preview Insider build. New World doesn’t currently support any Insider Builds, so it’s recommended to bank on a stable Windows 10 Build.
7. About New World
New World is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Amazon Games set to be released on August 31, 2021. The game was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 but was delayed to its current date.
Set in the mid-1600s, players colonize a fictional land known as Aeternum Island, modeled after North and South Americas in the Atlantic Ocean. The game will be using a buy-to-play business model, meaning there will be no monthly subscription fee.