Guerrilla Games slows down Horizon Zero Dawn 1.10 update to shift the focus to its next game.
Horizon Zero Dawn fans might not receive updates as frequently as they expect, owing to Guerrilla Games prioritising development of their new Horizon series title. Let’s take a look!
According to a statement from Guerrilla Games, the frequency of updates for Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC after the 1.10 patch will reduce going forth.
The Dutch game developer’s decision is based on their team prioritising the development of the next game, Horizon Forbidden West. Release date for the latter is still unknown.
Guerrilla Games released an announcement on their website saying,
“ As our team continues development on our upcoming title Horizon Forbidden West, we are shifting to less frequent updates for Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC after this patch. Please note that we will continue to monitor our community spaces as always! ”Guerrilla Games
The company also thanked fans and players for their continued support and feedback regarding server crashes and overload. The developers also hoped they were able to fix most of them with the latest 1.10 patch.
Horizon Zero Dawn has been around on PS4 for more than three years now but only came to PCs less than six months ago. With positive critical and player reviews, it is all but natural for Guerrilla to divert their attention on newer prospects.
Now let’s talk about what the Horizon Zero Dawn 1.10 patch offers:
- Crash Fixes
- Crash fix for when the player presses LMB on the ESC button in Benchmark Results.
- Crash fix for when players long press the windows key.
- Performance Improvements
- Resolved a bug which enabled saving up to 250 MB of VRAM on all AMD GPUs.
- Graphical Improvements
- Fix for the graphics settings preset name not updating when Auto-Detect is pressed.
- Fix for negative values in cubemap relighting shader.
- Fix for the menu and loading screen being displayed in an inaccurate scale when changing to AF borderless mode.
- Fix for errands quest list overlapping with tutorial quest list.
- Fix for the resolution sometimes being too low in windowed mode.
- Miscellaneous Changes
- Graphic settings are now stored in a text file instead of a binary file to smoothen tweaking processes.
With positive reviews about the 1.10 update on Steam, it seems like Guerrilla Games did fix a number of bugs and glitches in a short amount of time.
Guerrilla’s new game, Horizon Forbidden West, was announced in June 2020 and is expected for a release later this year. The exact date is still unknown. Stay tuned for further updates.
About Horizon Zero Dawn
Developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, Horizon Zero Dawn is an action RPG. The game was released on Playstation 4 in 2017, followed by a release on Microsoft Windows in 2020.
Directed by Mathijs de Jonge, the game is built on game engine Decima. The gameplay involves the player controlling Aloy, a young hunter, and exploring a post-apocalyptic world overrun by robotic creatures.
Praised by both critics and fans for its storyline and open-world setting, Horizon Zero Dawn allows the player to kill enemies in a lot of ways. From shooting arrows and using explosives to setting traps like tripwires, it’s all about the survival instinct in this game.