Just a couple of weeks after Patch 1.08 fixed a plethora of elements that blew a hole in Aloy’s apocalyptic world, Horizon Forbidden West has now received another update, Patch 1.09, to iron out issues and offer users a flawless experience.
Available across both PS5 and PS4, Patch 1.09 has implemented “loading screen reductions, “along with fixes for quests, world activities, crashes, UI, and much more in Horizon Forbidden West.
With this update applied, gamers will no longer run into a roadblock when trying to complete a specific quest, as most of the errors related to them have been cast out. Additionally, thanks to loading screen reductions, your wait to dive into the thrilling world of Forbidden West will be minimized.
All those completionists who never back down from facing any challenge also have something to celebrate here, as the annoyances that prevented 100% completion in the game’s notebook have now been patched.
Clearly, Patch 1.09 has done a lot for the Horizon community by rectifying the majority of user-reported bugs and glitches. However, it still falls short of taking the game to the promised land.
The ever-disturbing visual issues related to shimmering still continue to call Horizon Forbidden West their home. Even though this brand-new patch has made further improvements to them, they are yet to be entirely rooted out.
On top of this, the ‘Blood Choke’ side quest, the ‘Upgraded Every Pouch Type’ Trophy, and certain Firegleam and Metal Flower icons are not functioning as they should. The studio mentioned that these issues have not escaped the developer’s eye and are currently being investigated.
Given the pace with which we have been receiving one patch after another, it should only be a matter of time before they are eliminated and Horizon Forbidden West becomes the most exemplary title out there.
The full patch notes are given below:
We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are aware of them and they’re being investigated.
- The team continues to make tweaks to the game’s content with the goal to reduce visual shimmering.
- During Side Quest ‘Blood Choke’, Atekka does not use the ballista.
- The ‘Upgraded Every Pouch Type’ Trophy does not unlock for some players after upgrading each Pouch type – please note, for this trophy you will need to have the Food Pouch which is collected after purchasing food from a chef.
- Certain Firegleam and Metal Flower Icons remain after being found/used.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where machines would stay stuck behind an energy shield.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where the player could get stuck in invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where Dekka would be standing behind the throne and cannot be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Second Verse” where Zo would not be in Plainsong after completing all Main Quests.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Drowned Hopes” where the player could “pry open” rocks from the wrong side, breaking progression.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Deluge” where Aloy could become stuck in the ground under water after igniting firegleam.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Deluge” where Snapmaws could become stuck inside a wall, out of Aloy’s reach.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Thirst for the Hunt” where the quest did not update after killing the Thunderjaw.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions” where Morlund could conveniently get stuck in a rock, leaving Aloy to take on the Stormbird on her own while he cheered her on from safety.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “In the Fog” where the memorial marker could not be found in Scrap Piles.
- Fixed an issue where alternating between Side Quest “What was lost” and Errand Quest “First to Fly” would cause Kotallo to be unable to be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Supply Drop” where Littay would become stuck underneath the terrain.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Shining Example” where the player could block progression by destroying the metal flower’s vines before the “Destroy the Metal Flower’s Vines” mission objective shows up.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Sons of Prometheus Data” where the ambushers took the term ‘ghosted’ to a new level and are no longer present after dying.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron “Kappa” where the player could respawn in an out of bounds area.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “First Forge” where reloading a specific save game would spawn the player underneath the terrain.
- Fixed an issue in Salvage Contract “Colleague and Key” where the player would get stuck in an “Examine the Disc Launcher” animation.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruin “The Dry Yearn” where the railroad cart could get stuck behind a piece of rubble.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruin “The Long Coast” where a pullable crate can get stuck in the water.
- Fixed an issue where the Black Boxes could not be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where the Black Boxes could not be handed in with Untalla.
- Fixed issues when remapping specific button actions.
- Further improvements related to shimmering/sharpness.
Performance and Stability
- Loading screen reductions
- Crash fixes.
- Localization and spelling fixes.
- Fixed several issues that prevented 100% completion in the Notebook. Completionists rejoice!
- Fixed several issues where the player could escape from a boss fight with a mount.
- Fixed an issue where customizations to the Hunter’s Kit would not persist after restarting save.
- Rebalanced several combat mechanics.
- Fixed multiple Music issues.
About Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon Forbidden West is the sequel to 2017’s Horizon Zero Dawn by Guerilla Games. An open-world, action adventure game, players control Aloy, a Nora hunter who is on a quest to reverse the effects of a strange crimson blight which is infecting the land. Set in a completely new world, Horizon Forbidden West has many new machines, threats and adventures for Aloy.