Swordfish great sword is an absurd but fun-to-use weapon in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. It is a mythical two-handed weapon belonging to the wolf skill tree. The game may have many legendary weapons to wield, but nothing beats the fun of stabbing and slashing your enemies with a literal swordfish.
If you wish to wield this giant fish against your enemies, get ready for hours of the grind because the swordfish is one of the most demanding weapons to obtain in AC Valhalla.
The Swordfish great sword can be obtained in Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla by completing all the twenty fishing delivery requests. The requests can be accessed through the fishing hut in Eivor’s Ravensthrope settlement.
1. Steps To Get The Swordfish Great Sword In AC Valhalla
- Step 1: Build a fishing hut in Ravensthorpe by spending 600 supplies and 45 raw materials.
- Step 2: Talk to the young boy present in the fishing hut.
- Step 3: Select the dialogue option, “I brought you a few things,” to see the fish orders or deliver them.
- Step 4: Catch the needed fish, and deliver them to the hut.
- Step 5: Receive valuable reward items, including runes, treasure maps, ingots, and ultimately the precious Swordfish weapon.
Note: You can build the fishing hut only after your settlement has reached level 2.
2. Is Swordfish the strongest greatsword in AC Valhalla?
Unfortunately, the Swordfish is not the strongest greatsword in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. In fact, it is the weakest great sword in the game, but it has a helpful perk, “Heavy hit set fallen enemies on fire.”
Comparing it to the other greatswords in the game, we can see that it lacks serious attack power.
|St. George’s Holy Sword||121||41||85||65||18|
Note: In the comparison table above, all the weapons are at upgrade level 10, and the player is at power level 1.
3. How many fishes are required to unlock the Swordfish great sword?
A total of 132 fishes of different varieties are required to unlock the mythical swordfish great sword. The fishes can be of different sizes; small, regular, and big, so make sure you catch the right ones before delivering them to the fishing hut.
Here is a table of all the fish you need to deliver to the fishing hut:
|Fishing Quest||Required Fishes [Quantity x Type (size)]|
|Reda’s Lucky Fish||1x Brown Trout (big) |
2x Brown Trout (regular)
|An Historic Meal||1x Bullhead (big) |
2x Perch (regular)
2x Halibut (regular)
|Smorgasbord||1x Cod (big) |
3x Haddock (regular)
2x Burbot (regular)
4x Pollock (small)
|Eydis’ Surprise||1x Haddock (big) |
2x Halibut (regular)
3x Cod (regular)
|Putrefaction||1x Halibut (Big) |
3x Shad (regular)
4x Haddock (small)
|Pesce Offering||1x Perch (big) |
2x Eel (regular)
4x Brown Trout (small)
|Feeding the Birds||1x Perch (big) |
3x Bullhead (regular)
|Flavor!||1x Shad (big) |
2x Brown Trout (regular)
3x Halibut (regular)
|Honey Trap||2x Bream (big) |
2x Pollock (regular)
3x Salmon (regular)
|Valka’s Brew||2x Bullhead (regular) |
2x Brown Trout (regular)
|Sword and Fishery||2x Burbot (big) |
3x Pollock (regular)
|Farmer’s Feast||2x Eel (regular) |
2x Perch (small)
|Cold Storage||2x Flatfish (big) |
3x Burbot (regular)
4x Bream (small)
|Salves and Potions||2x Grey Trout (big) |
3x Redfish (regular)
|Pet Festival||2x Hake (big) |
2x Redfish (big)
1x Arctic Char (big)
6x Sturgeon (regular)
|Happy Anniversary||2x Mackerel (big) |
4x Hake (regular)
2x Arctic Char (regular)
|Cat Attractor||2x Pollock (big) |
2x Cod (regular)
3x Flatfish (regular)
|Farmers’ Fish Food||2x Salmon (big) |
4x Bream (regular)
3x Grey Trout (regular)
5x Sturgeon (small)
|Scaling Up||2x Sturgeon (big) |
2x Grey Trout (regular)
3x Mackerel (regular)
|Cosmetics||3x Eel (regular) |
3x Shad (big)
3x Flatfish (big)
3x Salmon (big)
Source: Assassin’s Creeed Wiki
Once you complete all these delivery orders, you will be rewarded with the mighty Swordfish.
4. How to catch a fish in AC Valhalla?
To catch a fish in AC Valhalla, use the fishing line or shoot it with a ranged weapon.
I. Using a fishing line
Fishing is a fairly entertaining and relaxing task. Locate the fish in the water using Odin’s sight. Equip the fishing line from the action wheel, right-click to aim where you want to throw the line, and then left-click to cast it.
You will then be able to spot the fish approaching to bite the line by its reflection in the water. Wait for it to grab the line, then control it by using the WASD keys while mashing the spacebar to pull it closer.
II. Shooting the fish with a ranged weapon
I recommend you to hunt the fish by using your bow and arrows. It is a quicker and more practical method. Continuously use Odin’s sight to locate the fish in the water, and shoot them with your bow.
5. Where to find all the fishes in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
- Bream- Found off the coasts of Cent, Essex, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire
- Brown Trout- Found in rivers of Ledecestrescire, Sciropescire, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire, Glowecestrescire, Snotingehamscire.
- Bullhead- Found in rivers of Ledecestrescire, Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Oxenefordscire, Sciropescire, Essece, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire, Glowecestrescire, Snotingehamscire.
- Burbot- Found in rivers of Oxenefordscire, Cent, Sciropescire, Suthsexe, Glowecestrescire, Hamtunscire.
- Cod- Found off the coasts of East Anglia, Cent, Essexe.
- Eel- Found in rivers of Ledecestrescire, Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Oxenefordscire, Sciropescire.
- Flatfish- Found off the coasts of Cent, Essex, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire.
- Grey Trout- Found in rivers of Cent, Essex, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire.
- Haddock- Found off the coasts of East Anglia, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire.
- Halibut- Found off the coasts of Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire.
- Perch- Found in rivers of Ledecestrescire, Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Oxenefordscire, Sciropescire, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire, Snotingehamscire.
- Pollock- Found in the rivers of Cent, Essex, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire.
- Salmon– Found in rivers of Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire, Snotinghamscire.
- Shad- Found off the coasts of Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire.
- Sturgeon- Found in rivers and seas of Cent, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire
- In Norway, you can find Arctic Char, Hake, Mackerel, and Redfish in the seas of Rygjafylke and Hordafylke.
Source of all the fishing locations- Powerpyx.com
There is also a terrible bug of fish not spawning in the regions. If you encounter the same bug, try meditating in that particular area. It should help fix the bug.
Now, you have all the details required to get the mythical Swordfish great sword in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Pick up your bow or fishing line and get to work, Viking!
6. About Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Developed and Published by Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the latest instalment in the Assasin’s Creed series launched in November 2020. The action-adventure, role-playing video game is available to play on Playstation 5/4, Xbox One/ Series X/S and PC.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes players back to the Vikings’ glory days around the 9th century through the eyes of a Viking invader from Norway named Eivor. By playing as Eivor, gamers must represent the clan and help fellow warriors in the battle against Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms. The game brims with phenomenal main quests along with noteworthy side quests. AC Valhalla will also embrace many new features like dual-wielding of various weapons and armours.