Much like the Nachoyah Shrine in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, the Orochium Shrine is one of the more challenging puzzles in the game, set by the Zonai. Alternatively known as Courage To Fall, solving this Shrine may prove to be a daunting task for players. Luckily, I’m here to make it easy for you.
To solve the Orochium Shrine puzzle, players need to follow these steps:
- Enter the Orochium Shrine at the Hebra Mountains region.
- Locate the first chest in the smaller chamber using the Ascend ability on the suspended pillars.
- Trigger the lasers in the middle of the room by walking into them and dropping down.
- Collect the key from the second chest and approach the locked green door.
- Retrieve the ball from the green door and take it upstairs.
- Locate the Wing Zonai Device and unlock it by placing the ball in the slot.
- Using Ultrahand, place the ball on top of the Wing and ride it to the entrance of the Shrine.
- Place the ball once again at the entrance in the slot to the right of it.
- Unlock the final door and claim the Light of Blessing.
Let’s take a detailed look at solving the complete Orochium Shrine Puzzle.
1. Locating the First Chest in Orochium Shrine
Walk into the main chamber after entering the Orochium Shrine. You’ll come across two large stone doors and a slot for a ball to fit on the right. Open the stone doors with the Ultrahand ability. You’ll notice that lasers are blocking the path ahead.
Instead, go left and follow the path ahead, defeat the Construct and reach the suspended pillars using the Ascend ability. Turn right to crawl through a small gap and drop down to fight another Construct. Follow the path to the left to locate the first chest, which contains 5x Arrows.
2. Finding the Small Key after Triggering the Lasers
Next, return to the middle of the room to find another set of stone doors that you can open with the Ultrahand ability. You’ll notice that this pathway is blocked with lasers as well. However, you need to walk into the laser and drop down to the room below.
In the room below, more lasers will be present, which will be easy to avoid. Once you avoid the lasers, go straight ahead and Ascend to the room above to find the second chest.
This chest will give you a Small Key which grants access to the green door inside the first stone doors.
Use the Ascend ability again to appear at the back of the locked green door, where you’ll have to defeat a pair of Constructs. Unlock the green door to find the required ball.
3. Finding the Wing Zonai Device
Take control of the ball by grabbing it or by using your Ultrahand ability and return to the green platforms at the location where you last Ascended. Ride the platform up and go left, up the stairs to come across a locked room containing the Wing Zonai Device.
There will be a slot to fill the ball in front of the locked room with the Wing. Place the ball in the slot to unlock the room. This gives you access to the Wing, which will come in handy.
4. Open Up the Final Door to Claim the Light of Blessing
Once you find the Wing, use Ultrahand to pull it out and place the ball on the wing by taking it out of the slot. Position the wing on the track straight ahead, in the direction of the entrance to the Orochium Shrine. Ride the Wing back to the entrance.
You’ll find the familiar large stone doors and the slot to fit the ball in front of the entrance. Remove the ball from the Wing and place it in the slot to open the final door and claim the Light of Blessing.
Claiming the Light of Blessing marks the end of the Orochium Shrine puzzle.
5. Where is the Orochium Shrine puzzle located in Tears of the Kingdom?
The Orochium Shrine is located in the Hebra Mountains region to the far southeast of Pikida Stonegrove Skyview Tower, north of the Snowfields Stable. The exact coordinates of the Orochium Shrine are -1638, 2643, 0239.
It may take some time to solve it, but it will get easier as you progress more. If you’re stuck on finding the fourth Shrine, check out our guide below on how to locate the Nachoyah Shrine.
6. About The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is an upcoming 2023 action-adventure game developed by Nintendo EPD and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch. A sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017), Tears of the Kingdom retains many aspects of its predecessor, including the open-world environment of Hyrule, which has been expanded to allow for more vertical exploration.
It is set to be released on 12th May, 2023.