Announced back in 2016, Amazon’s highly anticipated MMORPG, New World, is finally here and available on Steam and Amazon’s marketplace.
New World is an open-world fantasy Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) developed and published by Amazon Games, exclusively for PC. It promises the players an MMO filled with danger and opportunity, where players can forge their own destiny as an adventurer on the magical island of Aeternum.
With that aside, let’s talk about a couple of things people have been asking me recently, starting with the cost – whether it’s free to play, a one-time purchase or subscription-based.
Amazon’s New World MMORPG is not free. There’s not even a free or trial version thus far. You need to purchase the game from Steam or for Amazon’s Prime gaming store for your gaming PCs.
Okay. Let’s resolve the rest of your queries now.
Is Amazon’s New World subscription-based or not?
Amazon’s New World is not a monthly subscription-based MMORPG. It only requires a one-time purchase of $40 (Standard Edition) or $50 (Deluxe Edition) from Steam or Amazon’s Prime gaming service.
Now, that doesn’t mean you’re not gonna be milked out of more money. You can still make in-game transactions for virtual stuff and trust me you’re gonna buy some of them. Because it’s so good!
The game features an in-game store for microtransactions, but it only features items, like skins and accessories, which visually enhance the gaming experience and has no effects on the gameplay and stats of the player or weapon.
What are the game modes available in New World?
New World has four (4) different multiplayer game modes: Expeditions, Outpost Rush, Invasions, and War.
- Expedition- A five-player party instanced dungeon game mode where players will encounter challenging battles in the darkest corners of Aeternum, which require skill and team coordination to complete.
- Outpost Rush- A PvPvE (Player v Player v Environment) game mode in which two teams of 20 players from different factions fight for control of fortifications and resources. Holding a post or killing other players generates points for the team.
- Invasion- Defend your territories from the invasions of fierce monsters who dwell in Aeternum. These Invasions require groups of 50 max-level players to rally together and fight.
- War- “The pinnacle of PvP in New World,” In War, two 50-player teams of attackers and defenders fight each other for control of territory and victory.
Are there any Prime Gaming rewards in New World?
With the launch of the New World, the developers are now focused on offering the player some extra DLC through Amazon’s prime gaming service.
Prime Gaming Service is included within the Amazon Prime subscription and also provides a free monthly channel subscription on Twitch. Players of New World will have access to various free, exclusive in-game cosmetic items and currency for a limited time through this service.
The first round of New World’s DLC, available on Prime Gaming service, will offer two Pirate Packs, including:
- Exclusive Pirate character skin
- Pirate-stance emote
- 5,000 Marks of Fortune (premium in-game currency)
- Pirate sword skin
- Finger-across-the-throat emote
- Pack of three crests
Want to know more about the prime gaming rewards in detail and how to claim them? Here you go!
Can my PC run New World? System Requirements
Even though New World may seem too bulky of a game for regular PCs to run, its system requirements are not anything out of the ordinary.
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core™ i5-2400 / AMD CPU with 4 physical cores @ 3Ghz||Intel Core™ i7-2600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1400|
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 or better||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 390X or bette|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Storage||35 GB||35 GB|
About New World
New World is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Amazon Games set to be released on August 31, 2021. The game was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 but was delayed to its current date.
Set in the mid-1600s, players colonize a fictional land known as Aeternum Island, modeled after North and South Americas in the Atlantic Ocean. The game will be using a buy-to-play business model, meaning there will be no monthly subscription fee.