New World’s latest patch has caused a downtime of around 5 hours. This isn’t due to any issue; it’s simply to ensure that the patch is implemented correctly, along with general maintenance and quality of life improvements.
Amazon’s latest game, New World, has faced its fair share of launch pains, such as long wait times to get into servers and random bans without a specified reason. There are also the usual bugs, glitches, and issues that need to be rectified, a task that patch 1.0.2 is hoping to accomplish.
The New World servers went down today (October 13th) at 11 AM BST, and Amazon Game Studios stated that it would take an estimated five hours for them to be up and running again. They said that the update brings “another swathe of bug fixes” and adds further setup for the upcoming server transfer feature.
The patch notes state that the studio is “working tirelessly on ensuring everyone can find a world to call their long-term home with the character transfer feature.”
This update will alter the rate of faction influence gained over time, so there will be a more extended period before territories enter into a state of conflict. This is done partly to account for a bug “where the increase was multiplied much faster than intended over time.”
On the topic of bugs, Patch 1.0.2 adds a long list of bug fixes to New World. These include an issue with players randomly teleporting and another bug where players could “respawn as a corpse.”
New World will also be much more stable once its back up as “miscellaneous game crashes” have been fixed today.
Those who have been kicked and temporarily or permanently banned by Easy Anti-Cheat will now receive complete information as to why they have been removed from the servers and “better understand the penalties they received.”
Here is the complete list of bug fixes, changes, and improvements patch 1.0.2 will bring.
- We adjusted the rates of influence gain over time so that it will continue to require significant effort over time to flip a territory into conflict state.
- Reduced the amount of influence increase over time significantly for attacking factions. This is to account for a bug we found where the increase was multiplied much faster than intended over time.
- Removed the decrease in influence over time for defending factions.
General Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where players could respawn as a corpse.
- Fixed an issue where the tier 3 fishing treasure chest wouldn’t fight back after being hooked.
- Fixed various localization issues and text fields.
- Fixed an issue causing players kicked, suspended, banned, or removed from the game by Easy Anti-Cheat to receive unclear communication. Additional messaging has been added so players can better understand the penalty they received.
- Fixed an issue causing territory influence to be reset after an Invasion.
- Fixed an issue where players attempting to take a split amount of stacked items from a different settlement their faction owns, they were charged for the entire cost of the items in the stack.
- Fixed a game crash caused by a player targeting another player with a healing effect at the exact moment they fast traveled or teleported away.
- Fixed an issue reducing variety and potential quantity of loot obtained from game modes and chests within the world.
- Fixed an issue causing some crafting bonuses to not provide the minimum intended values.
- Fixed an issue where overflow items in storage transferred to a different territory.
- Fixed an issue where petting Barkimedes caused the camera to jitter.
- Fixed an issue causing the Ice Pylon ability to not cooldown appropriately.
- Fixed an issue where settlement storage can become massively overflowed by expired contracts.
- Fixed an issue where player’s movement could stutter after becoming encumbered from logging.
- Fixed an issue where there were not enough chests at Hapless Homestead to fulfill Faction quest requirements.
- Fixed an issue causing players to randomly teleport.
- Fixed an issue where players disappear if standing still when a campsite turret blueprint is being held.
- Fixed a visual issue causing repeater turrets to appear as if they were firing projectiles at an angle that did not align with the turret.
- Fixed miscellaneous game crashes.
- Fixed an issue where Marshjaw respawned slower than intended at Flatfish Fishery.
- Fixed an issue causing certain bears to respawn faster than intended.
- Fixed an issue causing twice the intended number of Boars to spawn at the Boarsholm POI in Restless Shores.
- Fixed an issue where players could be prompted to purchase an item they had previously started the unlocking process on in the in-game store when trying to unlock another item immediately after.
- Fixed an issue causing store previews for skins to not work correctly when the player was actively wielding a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the Righteous Guardian armor skin would not change color in War.
- Fixed an issue where the Runic Bear armor skin would not change color in War.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect poses when previewing store items.
While these patches will fix problems with the game, some issues may not have any kind of solution. This would include the instances of players scamming others out of large sums of gold. But, those are the risks one runs when delving into an MMO.
About New World
New World is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Amazon Games set to be released on August 31, 2021. The game was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 but was delayed to its current date.
Set in the mid-1600s, players colonize a fictional land known as Aeternum Island, modeled after North and South Americas in the Atlantic Ocean. The game will be using a buy-to-play business model, meaning there will be no monthly subscription fee.