Amazon’s MMO, New World, has been on the market for a few days now and has been steadily gathering steam, but, as with all newly launched games, some bugs need to be ironed out. The first New World post-launch update has been released, and we have the patch notes showing everything it has bought to the game.
The most requested feature, character transfer across servers, is missing from this update as it isn’t ready yet. However, the groundwork for its additions has been laid, and “you may see elements of that work in the in-game store,” reads a blog post on the New World website.
Amazon has stated that more information on how character transfers work will be available “later this week when we release server transfers.”
New World’s Update 1.0.1 will be going live at 3 am PT on October 6 and will include “a few additional quality of life updates and bug fixes to ensure that once players have entered Aeternum they’re able to play and progress as intended.”
With this most recent update, players will no longer be able to trick the AFK system with simulated mouse movements. The AFK disconnect time has also been shortened from 25 minutes to 20. A change to turret projectiles should also improve performance in War, making them hitscan rather than physically simulated. A new confirmation screen has also been added when leaving the world queue, so you don’t accidentally exit.
The list of bug fixes is pretty long, which is a good thing as it means the player experience should be much better now.
- Fixed a rare issue causing the interact key to not properly function on various objects in the world.
- Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in “Pirate Stance” emote.
- Fixed an issue where players did not receive coin as a reward from some activities.
- Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation may cause the player’s character to become stuck inside of a house.
- Fixed an issue in Territory Standing rewards where some localized text was missing.
- Fixed an issue where players are asked to claim achievement titles multiple times after logging back into the game, despite already having claimed the rewards.
- Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.
- Fixed game crashes related to the New World Twitch integrations. Integrations have been re-enabled in this update.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could enter state where they could not be hit by most attacks.
- Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted infinitely.
- Fixed an issue where the abandoning event notification could sometimes persist after the player abandoned the event.
- Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham point of interest (POI).
- Fixed an issue causing enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.
- Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the “Something to Prove” quest.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could have duplicated respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI.
- Added missing journal information about the recommended quest level for players attempting to unlock the second faction rank.
- Fixed an issue where resetting the “Blessings of Earth” quest when you have gained any of the blessings will block progression in the Main Story Quest (MSQ).
- Fixed an issue where the “Azoth Fulminate” quest will be unavailable to players if they first complete other Windsward quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Goodwill Squashing” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Arruda Jam” quest.
- Fixed an issue where the barkeep conversation state in First Light can enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the barkeep.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Taste for Revenge” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Predator, Prey” and “Great Expectations” quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Curse of Ebony Hawk” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Bond’s Gambit” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing “The Expedition into Saircor” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “One Threat at a Time” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Strength of the Earth” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Fading Lights” and “Azure Tears” quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Twisted Metamorphosis” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Blessings of the Fallen” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Facets of Light and Darkness” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Descent to Frosted Slumber” and “Transmuting Iron to Dust” quests.
New World has been facing a slew of problems since its launch. From incredibly long wait times to banning players with seemingly no cause, the MMO has had its fair share of launch difficulties. We hope the developers keep releasing these updates, especially adding character transfers, so players can really start to enjoy the game.
About New World
New World is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Amazon Games set to be released on August 31, 2021. The game was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 but was delayed to its current date.
Set in the mid-1600s, players colonize a fictional land known as Aeternum Island, modeled after North and South Americas in the Atlantic Ocean. The game will be using a buy-to-play business model, meaning there will be no monthly subscription fee.