The New World’s highly anticipated update 1.0.3 is finally here, and it brought the much-awaited character server transfer feature to the game along with tons of other general patches and bug fixes.
Since the game’s launch, the community has been eagerly waiting for this update as the server transfer feature will expectedly fix the terrible server issues of the game. As an apology for the delay in the update, the players will receive the “The Stoic” in-game title and the “Waiting” emote for absolutely free. The emote can be claimed from the in-game store’s “Emotes” tab.
1. When can I Expect the Implementation of the Character Server Transfer?
Currently, update 1.0.3 has been successfully implemented. The servers were under maintenance for merely 5 hours, starting from 11:00 pm PT on October 19, 2021, in the US West region, and amazingly are back online in such a short time without any unexpected error.
According to the patch notes, server transfers will be rolled out in a phased manner. Initially, the character transfer will be available only to the players in Utopia in the AP Southeast region and then to the entire AP Southeast region. If after 8 hours there are no unexpected issues, then the server transfer feature will be deployed to the other areas as well.
2. How does character server transfer work in New World?
New World’s players can now transfer their characters into a different world/server within the same region by using the character transfer token available in the in-game store.
To transfer the character, players need to leave their company and ensure no active buy or sell orders in the trading post.
Note: The character must be located in a sanctuary (such as a settlement or outpost) for a successful server transfer.
The character server transfer will not affect the player’s inventory, storage, currency, house, housing decorations, and progression in the game (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.). Unfortunately, the friends’ list is world-specific in the game and will not transfer to the new world with the player’s character.
3. Where can I transfer my character to?
Players can transfer their characters to any world in their region, except:
- A full world.
- A world in maintenance.
- A world where they have an existing character already.
4. Can I transfer my character again to another world?
Players can undoubtedly transfer their character again to another world, but that will require another character transfer token. After the initial hours of the update, the production team will evaluate the need to provide more free tokens to the players, but after that, players will have to purchase them from the in-game store.
The developers will notify the players ahead of time before changing the tokens to a paid service.
5. Other General Patches In The Update 1.0.3
Apart from the server transfer feature, the new update brings dozens of bug fixes and improvements to the UI and gameplay:
- The update has added general performance improvements for visual artifacts and graphics settings.
- Players will now get clearer messages when they are kicked for being AFK, violating the EAC, and also when stacked discounts are present, such as territory standing and faction discounts on property taxes.
- The respawn timer on various elite enemies such as Boatswain Ambrose has been adjusted throughout the world.
- Players must now be in the arena to damage Commander Thorpe during the “In The Depths” expedition.
- Armor is now limited to 1 weapon mastery perk on a single item. Previously, players could have perks for different weapons. Luckily, weapon mastery perks will not be removed from the items that existed before this update.
- Players will now get an error message when they attempt to buy their own items in the Trading Post. Also, Dyes are now removed from items upon trade.
- The Time to Declare War timer now visually pauses to clarify when an Invasion is imminent but not yet scheduled. The territory remains in a Conflict state after Invasions, and War can be declared.
6. Bug Fixes In The Update 1.0.3
It is not a hidden fact that the New World is loaded with several minor but annoying bugs. Luckily, the latest update fixes a lot of them.
- AP Southeast servers now display the correct time zone in-game, a much-needed fix.
- The UI will now correctly show that property taxes are subject to the home’s full price and not impacted by the first-time home buyer discount.
- Most importantly, the T4 and T5 azoth staffs are now fixed. Earlier players were unable to equip them or participate in endgame activities involving azoth staff.
- The abandoning event notification and the company invites after “decline/accept” will no longer persist.
- You can now appropriately dye runic Bear armor during Wars.
- Pets placed in an empty house will now remain in the home after the player logs out instead of returning to the player’s inventory.
- The players will no longer face login errors that prevented them from accessing their character.
- The watchtower respawn point will get replaced by the Settlement after it has been discovered. Players no longer will incorrectly respawn at a watchtower after selecting to respawn at a Settlement.
- All items for Town Projects will now be consumed when completing the mission.
- Rajah’s infinite spawn stacking issue has also been fixed. So, players can no longer farm the loot by exploiting the bug.
- The bug which caused holding and dragging around the client while in windowed mode to retrigger invincibility constantly is fixed.
- The penalty length notifications of suspensions and bans saying “Over a year” are fixed.
- The bugs around territory taxes and company’s treasury should no longer persist.
There also have been some major speculative fixes:
- The Wars and Invasions should no longer be kicked off earlier than scheduled.
- The developer team also worked on an issue where not all settlement stations upgrade as intended when town projects are completed.
- Players should no longer become stuck when entering or exiting an instance. If a player reconnects and their character is dead, the respawn screen is open with respawn options available. Players who are currently stuck need to contact customer support to have their character unstuck.
7. About New World
New World is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Amazon Games set to be released on August 31, 2021. The game was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 but was delayed to its current date.
Set in the mid-1600s, players colonize a fictional land known as Aeternum Island, modeled after North and South Americas in the Atlantic Ocean. The game will be using a buy-to-play business model, meaning there will be no monthly subscription fee.