Amazon’s New World is a PvPvE MMORPG that offers the player a vast arsenal of regular and magical weapons to be used against the other players and the monsters of the fantasy world.
All the different weapons excel in various combat areas, leaving people wondering what weapons are most suitable for PvP combat, as dealing with a conscious tactical player is entirely different from fighting the hordes of mindless AI-controlled monsters and requires appropriate strategic planning.
The best weapons in New World for PvP are Life Staff, Ice Gauntlet, Hatchet, and Rapier, in no particular order. Players can choose any of these weapons according to their preferences and playstyles for the optimum result.
Note: The list of weapons featured here is entirely subjective, and players may have their own preference of weapons for PvP battles.
Best Weapons For PvP In New World
1. Life Staff
Life staff is a basic magical weapon in New World that uses healing spells and protection buffs to treat and support a player and his entire team, which primarily makes it a support weapon. It does no significant damage to the enemy but remember, “basic” does not mean ineffective. In fact, Life Staves can be one of the strongest and adaptable weapons in the game when used wisely.
In a PvP battle, a Life Staff can constantly replenish your HP and elongate your team’s endurance with protection buffs. It has special buffs, which remain active even when you switch to your secondary weapon, so you can also participate in a duel while acting as a healer at the same time.
The only counter to Life Staff is a Hatchet that cancels out this magical weapon’s healing effects.
I. Life Staff Skill Tree and Active Skills
A Life Staff has two skill trees: Healing and Protector, with 3 active skills under each category.
i. Healing Skill Tree
- Divine Embrace: Heals target for 150% weapon damage. Cooldown- 6 seconds. This skill can make the team invincible when combined with the strong attacks of the Tank in a group.
- Sacred Ground: Create an area on the ground that lasts for 12s and heals 10% weapon damage every second. Cooldown- 20 seconds. A fantastic skill to use in a boss fight, create the healing area near your enemy for the most efficient results.
- Splash of Light: You and all group members are healed for 50% weapon damage. Cooldown- 12 seconds. A perfect support skill in a PvP scenario.
ii. Protector Skill Tree
- Orb of Protection: Shoot out a light projectile that grants 15% Fortify for 20 seconds, which reduces incoming damage, heals an ally for 10% of weapon damage, and deals 95% weapon damage when it hits an enemy. Cooldown- 10 seconds.
- Light’s Embrace: Targeted heal for 75% weapon damage +30% more for each buff on that target. Cooldown- 4 seconds.
- Beacon: Shoot out a light projectile that deals 95% weapon damage to enemies, attaches to its target, and heals all nearby allies for 20% weapon damage each second for 10s. Cooldown- 35 seconds.
Rapiers are light, one-handed, agile weapons in New World that employ fast attacks and powerful debuffs to eliminate the enemies. A Rapier gives its wielder incredible speed and agility to outmanoeuvre and evade their opponent’s attacks. It also does significant health damage, making it one of the best weapons for PvP scenarios.
Rapier adds strong debuffs, like Bleed, to the enemy, which slowly but constantly drains out the enemy’s health, providing a “cutting-edge” to the wielder in combats.
I. Rapier Skill Tree and Active Skills
A Rapier has two skill trees: Blood and Grace, with 3 active skills under each category.
i. Blood Skill Tree
- Tondo: This skill slashes so quickly that it extends the reach of your blade. This strike deals direct damage but also applies a bleed that will deal 100% weapon damage over 12 seconds. This skill can be can stacked up to 3 times refreshing previous applications. Cooldown- 11 seconds
- Flurry: Unleashes a series of five quick thrust attacks, with each strike dealing more damage. Flurry can be dodge-canceled at any time. Cooldown- 16 seconds
- Flourish and Furnish: Flourish performs an attack knocking back enemies. Pressing ‘Light Attack’ at the end of Flourish will continue this ability by automatically performing ‘Finish.’ Finish lunges forward, consuming all Rapier bleeds on any target hit, immediately dealing 110% of their damage. Cooldown- 20 seconds
ii. Grace Skill Tree
- Evade: Perform a small, reliable sidestep in your current movement direction that cancels any recent activity and provides momentary invulnerability. ‘Light Attack’s made during Evade are performed exceptionally fast. Cooldown- 6 seconds
- Riposte: Enter into a defensive stance for 1 second. If struck during this ability, counter the attacker, stunning them briefly for 1.5 seconds. You are briefly invulnerable upon a successful Riposte. Cooldown- 20 seconds
- Fleche: Leave the ground lunging forward for 10m in a stabbing motion piercing through enemies dealing 145% damage. Cooldown-17 seconds
3. Ice Gauntlet
Ice gauntlet is a magical weapon in New World that can be used to deal damages to your enemies by utilizing strong ice spells like Ice Pylon and Ice Storm with powerful “slow” and “freeze” effects. This weapon has destructive power that boasts superior crowd control.
Ice Gauntlet is the perfect weapon for crushing your enemies with several strong blows in PvP combat. It annoys the enemies with “slow” and “freeze” debuffs, making them easy targets to hunt down.
I. Ice Gauntlet Skill Tree and Active Skills
An Ice Gauntlet has two skill trees: Ice Tempest and Builder, with 3 active skills under each category.
i. Ice Tempest Skill Tree
- Wind Chill: Attack that blasts a focused beam of freezing winds forward to push back any enemies in its area, causing damage. Wind Chill will last for 2 seconds, have a range of 5 meters, and be directed by the player’s facing. The player can move during the attack. Cooldown- 15 seconds.
- Ice Spikes: Creates a trail of spikes that start from the player and go out in a straight line for 8 meters. The path ends with a Mighty Spike that will cause significant damage and pushback. Pressing LMB before reaching the end of the path will spawn the Mighty Spike early. Cooldown- 10 seconds
- Ice Storm: A ranged attack that damages and slows enemies within a 5-meter radius frosted area. 25% slow, 20-meter range, and 5-second duration. Cooldown- 20 seconds
ii. Ice Conjurer Skill Tree
- Ice Shower: Summon a shower of ice that creates a frosted area. Enemies that enter the Ice Shower Will be stricken with a powerful Frostbite. Frostbite roots for 1 second, blocks sprinting and dodging, slows speed by 50%, and will remain on target for 3 seconds after exiting the Ice Shower. Cost 25 Mana. Cooldown- 25 Seconds
- Ice Pylon: A placed Ice Pylon that fires ice projectiles dealing 50% weapon damage at enemies within a 20-meter range for 15 seconds or until killed. Ice Pylon creates a 1-meter radius frost area that enables frost powers. Cost 15 Mana.
- Entombed: Players can entomb themselves in ice to become invulnerable and significantly increase mana regen. The Ice Tomb has a lifetime of 10 seconds and can be destroyed. Players have two options: cancel Entomb, exit by pressing RMB, or break out of the Ice Tomb by pressing LMB, causing a damaging knockback for 20 mana. Cost 10 Mana. Cooldown- 30 Seconds
Hatchet is primarily a one-handed melee weapon in New World that can also be thrown to make ranged attacks. It is the only weapon that can neutralize the healing effects of the Life Staff, making it the ultimate weapon in a PvP.
The upgrades in its Berserk skill also provide health regeneration which can act as an alternative to the Life staff effects. It also packs several strong debuffs, which weakens the enemy, resulting in effortless execution.
I. Hatchet Skill Tree and Active Skills
A Hatchet has two skill trees: Berserker and Throwing, with 3 active skills under each category.
i. Berserker Skill Tree
- Feral Rush: A sprinting melee attack that causes the player to leap forward, hitting twice. The first hit deals 115% weapon damage, and the second deals 130% weapon damage. Cooldown- 12 seconds.
- Berserk: Triggers a Berserk Mode that increases all attack damage by 20% while active. Berserk Mode will be active for 15 seconds.
- Raging Torrent: Perform four fast attacks, each dealing 90% weapon damage. Cooldown- 15 seconds
ii. Throwing Skill Tree
- Rending Throw: Throw an ax dealing 110% weapon damage and applying Rend, reducing the target’s damage absorption by 10% for 10 seconds. Cooldown- 15 seconds.
- Social Distancing: Throw an ax forward and dodge backwards, dealing 130% weapon damage and slowing targets by 15% for 3 seconds. Cooldown- 15 seconds.
- Infected Throw: Throw an ax that deals 150% weapon damage and trigger Disease, and weakens the target for 5 seconds.
About New World
New World is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Amazon Games set to be released on August 31, 2021. The game was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 but was delayed to its current date.
Set in the mid-1600s, players colonize a fictional land known as Aeternum Island, modeled after North and South Americas in the Atlantic Ocean. The game will be using a buy-to-play business model, meaning there will be no monthly subscription fee.