Ubisoft has just revealed an entire podcast series of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, which takes a deep dive into Vikings’ real history in five glorious episodes!
The fans of Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey will certainly remember the games’ “Discovery Mode,” added in through a post-launch update, which allowed players to freely roam the respective games’ lands and experience the rich history underneath.
The mode essentially removed all the combat from the game and focused more on exploration, making the entire ordeal an extremely special experience.
However, it seems that Ubisoft has some other plans for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. To provide fans with the real lore, history, culture, and folk-tales surrounding Vikings, they have started a podcast on Spotify under the name, Echoes of Valhalla!
The podcast is pretty wholesome as well. Within 15 to 16 minutes, each episode is filled to the brim with music, sound effects, voice-acting, and narration that clearly describes Vikings’ history.
Here’s the description for each episode:
- Episode 1: The Sons of the Great North – Who are the Vikings? Share the way of life, customs, and beliefs of these men of the North. Understand exactly what is going to urge them to leave their lands and magnificent lands to risk it all for the chance to find fame and fortune.
- Episode 2: Dragon of the Seas – Embark on a Viking ship, travel the seas, overcome huge waves and dodge lightning! Feel the fear in an untamed ocean. If you let yourself be carried away and stave off hunger, you may be lucky enough to see earth appearing on the horizon…
- Episode 3: Thor’s Hammer – Set off with the Great Army to conquer English Kingdoms. Find yourself in the midst of conquest, battles, and pillages. Also, discover some very special ordeals reserved for a few unhappy prisoners…
- Episode 4: Birth of an Empire – 10 years after the conquest and your very first victories, it’s time to start building! It’s time for setting down roots, from colonization to trade. But in England, some are still resistant, still fighting your presence…
- Episode 5: the Dawn of a New Era – Viking attacks continued in England, but Alfred the Great and his troops fought back. Maybe it’s time for you to go and discover the rest of the known world?
Despite being a little rough around the edges, and not being a total history lesson (thankfully enough), the podcast is a nice way to introduce fans to the Vikings and the Norse mythology.
Without a doubt, it is truly a unique form of side-content that delivers well on building the excitement for when Assassin’s Creed Valhalla finally hits the shelves on November 10th!
About Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Developed and Published by Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the latest instalment in the Assasin’s Creed series launched in November 2020. The action-adventure, role-playing video game is available to play on Playstation 5/4, Xbox One/ Series X/S and PC.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes players back to the Vikings’ glory days around the 9th century through the eyes of a Viking invader from Norway named Eivor. By playing as Eivor, gamers must represent the clan and help fellow warriors in the battle against Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms. The game brims with phenomenal main quests along with noteworthy side quests. AC Valhalla will also embrace many new features like dual-wielding of various weapons and armours.