After a ton of delays coupled with years of anticipation and wait, Cyberpunk 2077 has finally hit the shelves, offering people one of the best RPGs of this year, and quite arguably, of the generation.
There’s a ton of people right now that cannot wait to jump straight into Night City and experience Cyberpunk’s world in all its dazzling glory.
But a significant speedbump EVERYONE is going to face will be during the character creation section, with what Lifepath to choose for V.
If you’re still pondering upon what Lifepath would be best for V, don’t worry, this guide’s got you covered!
1. What is each Lifepath about?
So, the first thing that you’ll face after choosing the difficulty of the game will be the choice of Lifepath for V, your in-game character. As most of you know already, there are three paths to choose from:
- Corporate: In this one, V will be an Arasaka agent and basically serve as an insider to the megacorp. Here, your adventure in Night City will start from the Arasaka Tower.
- Nomad: As a Nomad, you’ll begin your adventure in the wastelands surrounding the Night City and will make your way inside, meeting a host of different characters.
- Street Kid: As a Street Kid, you’ll know the Night City inside out and will have street creds in your arsenal.
2. What will happen if you choose one path over the others?
A little bit on the RPG side, because Cyberpunk is an RPG second and an Action-adventure first. Let me summarize what WILL be different:
- The prologue sequence will be different for each of the paths. You will be introduced to Night City through different characters as well.
- Additional dialogue options will be there for paths in different situations.
- How you end up befriending Jackie Welles will be different.
- Side-quests that are path-specific will be there as well.
- If you’re super into it, then the upbringing and personality of V will be different.
That’s pretty much it, actually. Rest assured, how you build V afterward is entirely up to you.
3. What Lifepath will be the best for you?
Well, as you probably understand at this point, what you choose V to depend entirely upon the storytelling perspective that you wish to experience in Cyberpunk 2077.
The lifepaths will not affect your stats and abilities, and once the prologue ends, all three will lead to the same starting point. So, to summarize, don’t fret over it too much and go have fun!
4. About Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 is an action-adventure RPG developed and published by CD Projekt Red.
The game is set in Night City, a seemingly utopian megalopolis where anything and everything is possible, on the surface, that is. We play as V, a mercenary that is after an implant that serves as the key to immortality. The humongous game world offers a lot of pathways, choices, allies, and enemies. The best part; every single choice and action of yours will forge the story around you!
Cyberpunk 2077 released on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia on December 10th, with a PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X release set for 2021!