AC Valhalla has shown the sheer bravery and strength of Vikings through the fights and showdowns on all types of terrains. However, the River Raids DLC takes a completely different turn and focuses on Vikings trying to command the waters. With military bases to raid and armor to collect, the DLC is not short of things to do. But, in order to collect these specific armor pieces and raid more rivers, players need clues hinting to their next location.
One such important clue is the River Exe Map Clue, which not only completes a part of the DLC’s storyline but also takes you one step closer to the legendary Saint George’s armor set that most players desire.
Now first things first, head on over to Ravensthorpe and speak to Vagn to start the first river raid of River Exe.
1. Where to Find the River Exe Map Clue in AC Valhalla?
The River Exe Map Clue can be found inside the Escanceaster Monastery in River Exe; the clue will be situated on top of a table inside the church.
The mission to collect the river Exe clue is called “The Legacy of Saint George,” which starts right after the initial river Exe raid. The mission prompts Eivor to collect a total of two clues from both River Exe and Severn to get the exact location of Saint George’s armor pieces.
To get to the River Exe map clue, simply head inside the Escanceaster Monastery and use your Odin’s Sight vision to spot it immediately.
Once you’ve collected the clue, you can head over to collect part 2 of the clue in River Severn. After collecting both clues and handing them to Vagn, River Dee will be unlocked. River Dee will have the Saint George’s Legendary Armor and Helm for you to collect.
2. How to Get the Saint George’s Armor Set in AC Valhalla?
To get all the pieces of the legendary Saint George’s Armor, players need to successfully complete each River Raids mission and gather clues from all the rivers: River Exe, River Dee, and River Severn.
The Saint George’s Armor has a total of 5 pieces to collect. But if you want to go all out, you can even collect the Saint George’s Tower Shield and Holy Sword.
The location for each armor piece is:
- Saint George’s Cape– Found inside a military base during the raid of River Exe.
- Saint George’s Trouser– Found in River Exe’s raid as well.
- Saint George’s Bracers– Found in a military base during River Severn’s raid.
- Saint George’s Armor– Found during the raid of River Dee after completing the Legacy of Saint George mission.
- Saint George’s Helm–Found during River Dee’s raid.
- Saint George’s Tower Shield–Found in River Severn’s raid along with the Bracers.
- Saint George’s Holy Sword–Can be collected after defeating a powerful NPC in Deva Victrix Castle located near River Dee. This is a separate mission given by Vagn after completing the Legacy of Saint George mission.
After collecting all the pieces, you can go ahead and flaunt the shiny new gear before ending the River Raids and returning to Eivor’s main story.
3. How to End the River Raids?
To return to the Ravensthorpe settlement in AC Valhalla, players just need to hold down the G button and press the return to settlement icon to be able to end the River Raids.
Just remember, you have to be in command of the longship to gain access to the “Return to Settlement” option.
Now, you can continue with your main storyline missions, or if you’ve already done with that, you can even go for the newly added Wrath of the Druids DLC for some more AC Valhalla fun.
4. About Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Developed and Published by Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the latest instalment in the Assasin’s Creed series launched in November 2020. The action-adventure, role-playing video game is available to play on Playstation 5/4, Xbox One/ Series X/S and PC.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes players back to the Vikings’ glory days around the 9th century through the eyes of a Viking invader from Norway named Eivor. By playing as Eivor, gamers must represent the clan and help fellow warriors in the battle against Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms. The game brims with phenomenal main quests along with noteworthy side quests. AC Valhalla will also embrace many new features like dual-wielding of various weapons and armours.