Ever since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 launched, players have faced some issue or the other, ranging from launch errors to in-game glitches. Infinity Ward has been actively working to resolve these issues, and even launched a Trello board to help players keep an eye on their progress.
The latest patch update of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 has brought some major improvements to the game including fixing the camouflage selection screen.
Several minor bugs have also been fixed, such as physical collision and audio occlusion issues, and improving directional audio. The armor-piercing ammo is no longer a damage multiplier against armored foes; its utilization will be to heavily damage vehicles.
Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 recently surpassed 25 million users in just five days. After the patch update, players can filter their weapon camos, making the whole process of finding a specific cosmetic easier. Console players can use bumpers to switch between categories; this feature is yet to come to PC.
The majority of the Modern Warfare 2 players were especially disappointed with the game’s UI and UX. The gunsmith system lacked a proper blueprint, and the interface looked very similar to Hulu’s, an American web streaming service.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Improvements made to help better navigate Camos:
- Added controller bumper navigation to jump between categories
- Added a toggle option to show/hide locked Camos
- Increased audio notification for when The Jailer enters the Gulag.
- Armor Piercing Ammunition
- Removed damage multiplier against armored opponents
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across the game that allowed players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue with audio occlusion and directional audio.
- Fixed an issue causing some unlocks in the Gunsmith to not track Weapon progression.
- Fixed an issue causing Overkill to allow players to equip the same Weapon as both a Primary and a Secondary.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the correct number of Battle Pass Tokens from appearing on the Battle Pass Menu.
- Fixed an issue causing the Season Countdown Timer on the Battle Pass Menu to not indicate the correct amount of time remaining.
- Fixed various incorrect texts in the in-game interface.
- Fixed various issues resulting in incorrect controller input while navigating menus.
- Fixed an issue that caused players looking down to appear erratic to others.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from launching the game due to GPU compatibility.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Focused Mode to crash the client while the Display Mode was set to Windowed.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation that caused the PlayStation Store icon to remain stuck on screen after experiencing a network error.
- Fixed an issue causing progression for the “Dragon in Downtown” Calling Card to not track.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect Operator icon to appear while navigating to select a custom skin for Kleo.
- Fixed an issue causing players to get kicked back to the main menu when navigating to select the PDSW 528 Armory while customizing a Loadout.
- Fixed an issue causing an incorrect progression requirement to appear in the Prestige menu.
- Fixed various audio related issues causing players to hear notifications at times when they should not.
- Fixed an issue causing Platinum Camo unlock requirements to display incorrectly after having unlocked it.
- Fixed various issues causing the camera to shake while spectating another player.
- Fixed an issue causing Operator model hands to appear invisible while ledge hanging.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect Weapon to appear in the player Showcase.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spotter Scope to continuously highlight enemy positions.
- Addressed a dev error in private matches, and will continue to improve stability.
This update is just the first of many. With the improvements, the game should now feel more consistent in moment-to-moment gameplay. Most of the significant issues seem to be resolved. Players can happily enjoy Season 1 till the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 team launches the next set of updates.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
About Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is a first-person shooter game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. It is a direct sequel to the 2019 reboot and will serve as the nineteenth installment in the CoD series. It was released on October 28, 2022, for PS 4, PS 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Season 2 of Modern Warfare II released for every platform on 15th February 2023 at 9 AM PT, along with additions of newer maps and game modes, along with new content and bug fixes.