After a ton of delays coupled with years of anticipation and wait, Cyberpunk 2077 has finally hit the shelves, offering people one of the best action RPGs of this year, and arguably, of the generation.
There’s a ton of people right now who cannot wait to jump straight into Night City and experience Cyberpunk’s world in all its enthralling glory, along with all the quests, items, weapons, etc., contained within.
One particular item you might want to grab is the Militech Datashard, a quest item you can hack to, say, unlock a peaceful route with the Maelstrom Gang.
If you wish to know how to hack this particular chip, don’t worry, this guide’s got you covered!
1. Where Do You Get The Militech Datashard?
You get the datashard during a pickup quest in the game; Stout gives it to you before you’re about to meet the Maelstrom gang.
What’s interesting to note here is that you can hack the datashard as well, as is the tradition with everything in this game.
There’s a correct set of sequences that you’re going to have to follow to remove the virus from the shard.
It’s always nice to decrypt the shards in this game as they contain some super interesting secrets for players to discover.
2. What It’s Going To Be Like?
Once you start hacking the shard, only one particular sequence in the grid (code matrix) will let you remove the virus. The grid should look exactly like this:
3. Correct Sequence To Hack The Militech Datashard:
Here’s what you got to do:
- If you look at the grid closely, the first and last numbers in the first and second sequence are the same.
- This means that if you input the second sequence first, you’ll be able to get all the numbers right.
- By that logic, the correct sequence will be BD, BD, FF, 55, 1C, and E9.
Now, you’ll have to enter them while switching between the rows and columns of the code matrix. Here’s the order:
- Start with the second last BD in the row, moving next to BD below it in the last row.
- After that, you need to go backward and take FF right before the bottom BD and the 55 above it in the first row.
- Lastly, skip one column and go straight to the second column from the left.
- Choose 1C at the top and then E9 at the bottom.
With that, you’ll be able to remove the virus from the shard and any danger that it may have previously posed. You can now either make a copy to keep it for yourself or give it straight to Maelstrom without creating any problematic situation as the shard is now safe.
Quite the peaceful route to take for half a hassle.
4. About Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 is an action-adventure RPG developed and published by CD Projekt Red.
The game is set in Night City, a seemingly utopian megalopolis where anything and everything is possible, on the surface, that is. We play as V, a mercenary that is after an implant that serves as the key to immortality. The humongous game world offers a lot of pathways, choices, allies, and enemies. The best part; every single choice and action of yours will forge the story around you!
Cyberpunk 2077 released on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia on December 10th, with a PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X release set for 2021!