Whether you are sick of the exhaustingly long queue lines or fancy joining the same realm as your friends, the possibility of changing servers is something that more or less every New World fan desires.
Some servers are more favored than others, so gamers have been largely unhappy to be stuck in realms they find unappealing.
Witnessing this surge in fans’ disgruntlement and in order to save the MMO’s reputation, Amazon went a mile ahead and assured to provide free server transfers and enhanced population cap.
If you find yourself trapped in the clutches of your server, here’s all you need to know about changing servers in New World:
1. How Can I Transfer Characters from Servers in New World?
As divulged by the devs, claim the Server Transfer token by heading to the in-game store. Once obtained, leave your Company and get rid of active Trading Post sell & buy orders. Now go inside a sanctuary (such as a settlement or outpost) to transfer characters from servers.
2. Can I Transfer My Character Again in New World?
It must be kept in mind that in order to transfer again in New World, players will have to acquire an additional token from the in-game store. As you can guess, this wouldn’t be free of cost.
3. When Can I Transfer Character From Servers in New World?
Characters in New World cannot be transferred as of now, but the feature is expected to be implemented next week. This means players should be able to start changing servers any time from October 18 to 24.
We have the final pieces of the server transfer system tested and ready to go, but we are making a difficult decision to hold it until next week. This was a balance call between honoring a date we told you to expect, versus the disruption of a deployment during a peak play period (the weekend).Amazon
This isn’t the first time Amazon is postponing the release of this feature. Back on September 28, the devs revealed that the server transfer feature would go live within the coming two weeks.
However, the company failed to honor its commitment and declared the bad news through an announcement on October 8.
Thankfully now, the server transfer feature is scheduled to arrive sometime within next week, and players will have to endure long wait times and lags for just a little more.
4. What Comes With Me When I Transfer?
- You will keep all character progression (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).
- You will keep your Faction alliance and progress.
- You will keep your inventory and storage.
- You will keep all of your currency.
- You will keep your houses and housing decorations.
- You will keep all quest progress.
5. What Does Not Transfer With My Character?
- Your Company membership needs to be terminated before transferring and will not carry over.
- Active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders must be removed and will not carry over.
- Your friends list is world-specific and will not transfer.
6. Where Can I Move my Character To?
- You can move your character to any world in your region, except:
- You cannot move your character to a full world.
- You cannot move your character to a world in maintenance.
- You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.
7. About New World
New World is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Amazon Games set to be released on August 31, 2021. The game was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 but was delayed to its current date.
Set in the mid-1600s, players colonize a fictional land known as Aeternum Island, modeled after North and South Americas in the Atlantic Ocean. The game will be using a buy-to-play business model, meaning there will be no monthly subscription fee.